Challenge An Order for Recovery From TEC

What You Can Do Using Parking Mate UK

london order for recovery
order for recovery
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on linkedin
Share on email

Order for Recovery Process

These are the enforcement steps for the order for recovery. If your case is at this stage, we strongly recommend using our online service to generate your TE7/TE9 Forms or PE2/PE3 forms to challenge the order for recovery and reset the PCN process so you can either pay the lower amount or challenge your penalty charge notice.

  1. An order for recovery is issued by the TEC allowing bailiffs to recover the money owed.
  1. If you send a witness statement within 21 days of the order for recovery, the order for recovery is cancelled automatically
  2. The council will then either re-issue the penalty charge to be paid or send you an offer letter to pay the lower amount

If you do not challenge the order for recovery, the case proceeds to bailiff enforcement.

  1. If the order for recovery is not challenged within 21 days, bailiffs will be involved and start pursuing payment.
  2. At this stage, you should get support to deal with the bailiff enforcement so the matter can be resolved.
london order for recovery
order for recovery

Challenge Order for Recovery

You can challenge the order for recovery and get it cancelled. When the order for recovery is cancelled, the process starts again and you will receive a PCN at the lower amount. You can only challenge the order for recovery under the following scenarios. We will guide you step by step to complete the forms and submit them to the TEC.

Challenge the Order for Recovery

person holding silver pen signing photographers signature

what happens after you Challenge Your Order for Recovery?

If you follow the following steps, your order for recovery will be swiftly cancelled and the extra 50% of charges will be removed. The important thing is to make sure you respond to the TEC within 21 days of the order for recovery being issued

Don’t worry, If it has been more than 21 days, your application will still be considered and a decision should be made in your favour.

There is no need to rush and pay the order for recovery, the application only takes 5 minutes and we will advise you step by step. So there is no need to rush and make payment at this stage since the order for recovery can easily be cancelled.

What usually happens is that the council will send letters to your old address and then later the bailiff will trace your new address, in this scenario, you should always send an application to the TEC and request a copy of the PCN so you can appeal or pay the lower amount.



An order for recovery within the time stated on the notice. The amount is usually £173 or £203 in London. You don't have to pay if you can challenge the order and get it cancelled.

Appeal to the TEC

You can send a witness statement to the Northampton within 21 days and an out of time statement if you are writing after 21 days. If you appeal within 21 days, the order for recovery will be cancelled right away. If you appeal after 21 days, a judge will check your application and make a decision.


If payment is not made, bailiffs will attend to recover money or goods which can include the vehicle.

Cancelled Order for Recovery

Order for Recovery FAQ

Appealing an order for recovery?

You can send an application to the Northampton County Court only in the following situation: 

(1) If you did not receive the penalty charge notice,
(2) made payment or
(3) are waiting for an appeal outcome from the council or tribunal, wait for the order for recovery.

Raising a complaint

If you believe that the enforcement process has not been fair, you can raise a complaint to the council and should you be unhappy with their response, you can then complain to the Local Goverment Ombudsman. The ombudsman can only investigate issues relating to wrongful enforcement and not the reasons related to the PCN itself.

Forms for Order for Recovery?

Support for order for recovery

You can use our apps to write the order for recovery forms, we can also help with getting the forms witnessed. Please visit the homepage for instructions on how to complete the form.